Faith Fellowship Church of Tennessee, Illinois
Announcements for May 24, 2020
- Let’s take a moment to honor our service men and women and thank them for their service to us and our country.
- Pray for each other, our president, state and national legislatures, our governor, the many hurting people in our world, unspoken, etc.
- As we resume services, please wear face coverings and practice social distancing.
- We resumed prayer meeting. Time is 6 pm.
- Resume our men’s study on Monday, June 1, at 1 pm. Yay!
- We will continue to have our Friday church services @ 10 am during the time Pastor Dave records the Sunday message. We will be limited to ten people. Please let Pastor Dave or Kerry know if you would like to attend so that we can organize these services and stay compliant with our state guidelines.
- Also a reminder for those who may not be comfortable yet coming inside for services that we have four wireless headsets/receivers with which you can listen to the service from your car. See Pastor Dave for more info.
- Keep praying that beginning on June 7 we will be able to have church without the current limitations.
- In June if the attendance restriction has not been raised, then we will continue with the Friday morning service and also have multiple services on Sunday morning probably following the same format/order of service. We will not have Sunday school during this time.
- Our plan is to have one hour services with time in between for people to leave and for a quick cleaning. If you attend the first service, please leave in a timely manner after the end of the service.
- Times for the Sunday services will probably be as follows: 9:30 – 10:30 am / 10:45 – 11:45 am
- We plan to begin taking an offering when we meet in June; probably will have an offering plate or an offering box to reduce handling.
- We are also considering ways to have communion more safely.
- We will continue to post the video of the Sunday service on our YouTube channel and provide DVDs for those who are shut-in and for those who do not feel comfortable yet being in a group. Please let Pastor Dave know if you would like to receive the DVD.
- We plan to take another offering in June for tornado victim relief once we resume services.
- Our weekly bulletin is available online and in print. We will have copies available for those who attend the Friday service. We will post on the blog. And we will print to include with the DVDs and study sheets for those on “home delivery.” 🙂
May 24, 2020 / Order of Service
- Welcome, Announcements & Prayer
- Scripture Reading / See other side.
- His Name Is Life — 117
- His Name Is Wonderful — 118
- Message: The Fiery Trial Test of Faith — 1 Peter 4:12-19
- Glory to His Name — 493
- Closing Prayer
His Name Is Life
His name is Master, Savior, Lion of Judah, Blessed Prince of Peace. Shepherd, Fortress, Rock of Salvation, Lamb of God is He. Son of David, King of the Ages, Eternal Life, Holy Lord of Glory, His name is Life.
His Name Is Wonderful
His name is Wonderful, His name is Wonderful, His name is Wonderful, Jesus my Lord.
He is the mighty King, Master of ev’rything, His name is Wonderful, Jesus my Lord.
He’s the Great Shepherd, The rock of all ages, Almighty God is He.
Bow down before Him, Love and adore Him, His name is Wonderful, Jesus my Lord.
CCLI Song # 1122230 / CCLI License # 3210183
Glory to His Name
Verse 1: Down at the cross where my Savior died, Down where for cleansing from sin I cried, There to my heart was the blood applied, Glory to His name.
Chorus: Glory to His name, Glory to His name, There to my heart was the blood applied, Glory to His name.
Verse 2: I am so wondrously saved from sin, Jesus so sweetly abides within, There at the cross where He took me in, Glory to His name.
Verse 3: O precious fountain that saves from sin, I am so glad I have entered in, There Jesus saves me and keeps me clean, Glory to His name.
Verse 4: Come to this fountain so rich and sweet, Cast thy poor soul at the Savior’s feet, Plunge in today and be made complete, Glory to His name.
CCLI Song # 57667 / CCLI License # 3210183
The Will of God …
- (1 Peter 2:15 ESV) For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people.
- (1 Peter 4:2 ESV) So as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God.
- (1 Peter 4:19 ESV) Therefore let those who suffer according to God’s will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.
- (Mark 3:35 ESV) For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother.”
- (John 7:17 ESV) If anyone’s will is to do God’s will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.
- (Romans 12:2 ESV) Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
- (Colossians 4:12 ESV) Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ Jesus, greets you, always struggling on your behalf in his prayers, that you may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God.
- (1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV) Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- (Hebrews 10:36–39 ESV) For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. 37 For, “Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay; 38 but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.” 39 But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.
- (1 John 2:17 ESV) And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.