Faith Fellowship Church of Tennessee, Illinois
Announcements for May 17, 2020
- Pray for each other, our president, state and national legislatures, our governor, the many hurting people in our world, unspoken, etc. Continue to pray for Janis Kamm and family and others in our fellowship who are hurting and afraid.
- As we resume services, please wear face coverings and practice social distancing.
- We resumed prayer meeting Wednesday, May 13. Time is 6 pm. Per the new guidelines we can have up to ten people.
- Beginning this Friday (May 15) we will have church services @ 10 am during the time Pastor Dave records the Sunday message. We will be limited to ten people. Please let Pastor Dave or Kerry know if you would like to attend so that we can organize these services and stay compliant with our state guidelines.
- Also a reminder for those who may not be comfortable yet coming inside for services that we have four wireless headsets/receivers with which you can listen to the service from your car. See Pastor Dave for more info.
- Keep praying that beginning on June 7 we will be able to have church without the current limitations.
- In June if the attendance restriction has not been raised, then we will continue with the Friday morning service and also have multiple services on Sunday morning probably following the same format/order of service. We will not have Sunday school during this time.
- Our plan is to have one hour services with time in between for people to leave and for a quick cleaning. If you attend the first service, please leave in a timely manner after the end of the service.
- Times for the Sunday services will probably be as follows: 9:30 – 10:30 am / 10:45 – 11:45 am
- We plan to begin taking an offering when we meet in June; probably will have an offering plate or an offering box to reduce handling.
- We are also considering ways to have communion more safely.
- We will continue to post the video of the Sunday service on our YouTube channel and provide DVDs for those who are shut-in and for those who do not feel comfortable yet being in a group. Please let Pastor Dave know if you would like to receive the DVD.
- We plan to take another offering in June for tornado victim relief once we resume services.
- Beginning this week we will have the weekly bulletin in some form. We will have copies available for those who attend the Friday service. We will post on the blog. And we will print to include with the DVDs and study sheets for those on “home delivery.” 🙂
May 17, 2020 / Order of Service
- Welcome, Announcements & Prayer
- Soon and Very Soon — 757
- Jesus Is Coming Soon (lyrics on sheet)
- Message: Living for the Glory of God in the Time We Have Left — 1 Peter 4:7-11
- To God Be the Glory — 56
- Closing Prayer
Soon And Very Soon
Verse 1: Soon and very soon, We are going to see the King, Soon and very soon, We are going to see the King, Soon and very soon, We are going to see the King.
Chorus: Hallelujah hallelujah, We’re going to see the King
Verse 2: No more crying there, We are going to see the King, No more crying there, We are going to see the King, No more crying there, We are going to see the King.
Verse 3: No more dying there, We are going to see the King, No more dying there, We are going to see the King, No more dying there, We are going to see the King.
CCLI Song # 11249
Jesus Is Coming Soon
Verse 1: Troublesome times are here, Filling men’s hearts with fear, Freedom we all hold dear, Now is at stake, Humbling your heart to God, Saves from the chast’ning rod, Seek the way pilgrims trod, Christians awake.
Chorus: Jesus is coming soon, Morning or night or noon, Many will meet their doom, Trumpets will sound, All of the dead shall rise, Righteous meet in the skies, Going where no one dies, Heavenward bound.
Verse 2: Love of so many cold, Losing their home of gold, This in God’s Word is told, Evils abound, When these signs come to pass, Nearing the end at last, It will come very fast, Trumpets will sound.
Verse 3: Troubles will soon be o’er, Happy forevermore, When we meet on that shore, Free from all care, Rising up in the sky, Telling this world goodbye, Homeward we then will fly, Glory to share.
CCLI Song # 41680
To God Be The Glory
Verse 1: To God be the glory great things He has done,So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,Who yielded His life an atonement for sin, And opened the life gate that all may go in.
Chorus: Praise the Lord praise the Lord, Let the earth hear His voice, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, Let the people rejoice, O come to the Father through Jesus the Son, And give Him the glory great things He has done.
Verse 2: O perfect redemption the purchase of blood, To every believer the promise of God, The vilest offender who truly believes, That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
Verse 3: Great things He has taught us, Great things He has done, And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son, But purer and higher and greater will be, Our wonder our transport when Jesus we see.
CCLI Song # 23426 / CCLI License # 3210183