LESSON 2: God’s Word: Learn It, Live It, Love It.
Message Title: When I Am Weak!
Message Text: 2 Corinthians 12:1-10
INTRODUCTION: By whose perception of life do we live?
- What reality is our reality?
- Albert Einstein is quoted as saying:“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
- Stephen Hawking belongs to the camp of physicists who believe that reality exists “out there” as a material fact, but he concedes, as did Einstein before him, that science doesn’t claim to know what reality is.
- Every human on the planet has an intuitive perception of reality, an idea of life that seems right to him or her but ends in death. Everyone.
- This is how we operate without divine intervention.
- I want us to look at a particular reality this morning, not with our intuitive perception, not with our idea of life that seems right, but a look at reality directed by the divine word of truth.
- I want us to examine a concept presented in Scripture, which according to the natural perception of humans, God must have upside down.
- Our subject for discussion? When I am weak, then I am strong.
—>Please turn with me to 2 Corinthians 12:1.
We need a glorious vision to serve a glorious God, 12:1-6.
We need the beatings and torments of this life to fulfill our glorious vision of service, 12:7-8.
We need to own our weaknesses to fulfill our glorious vision of service, 12:9-10.
CONCLUSION: Are we ready to believe God?
- Are we ready to believe in his glory?
- Are we ready to believe in his glorious vision for our church?